This is my relationship with NYU.
This is my relationship with NYU.
In honour of all the fandoms that live on this website, we have decided to make yearly games to show the true talents of the fans.
We will have two tributes from each district:
District 1: Supernatural
District 2: Sherlock bbc / movie
District 3: Doctor Who
District 4: Avengers / Marvel
District 5: Tolkien
District 6: Harry Potter
District 7: Hannibal
District 8: Star Trek
District 9: Teen Wolf
District 10: Once Upon a Time
District 11: The Walking Dead
District 12: The Hunger Games
How the games work:
1. We will make a post for each district. You will reblog the post, and thus you will be entering the reaping. Once the time comes (not yet decided) we will reap (choose randomly) two bloggers for each of the districts. Once you enter, you cannot leave. Unless someone volunteers for you.
2. We will have 6 rounds. Each round will have a topic (example: your favourite character, from your district, in kitty pyjamas). The contestants will make a graphic, fan art or a one-shot fanfiction (no more than one chapter!).
3. You will submit your work by posting it on your blog and tagging it with “thefandomgames”
4. Once the deadlines for submissions come, we will put up a poll. The four contestants with the least votes will be in danger. There will be around 20 judges. The votes from the public will not decide whether the contestants will be eliminated. The judges have the final decision.
5. Four contestants will be eliminated in every round.
Reblog this post to signal boost the games! The posts for reaping are being made, so prepare yourself for the annual Fandom Games!
Oh my god. I’ve been mulling over my UChicago essays for the past seven months now. They’re finally coming together. airufdghkbjvraeljfd
People have commented on the Facebook post from which I found this
This makes really angry. It’s supposed to be “who is doing *whom* a favor?”
No, but this is actually a terrible way to promote the feminist agenda or whatever the fuck it’s trying to do.
1. what about lesbian couples?
2. "She changes her name" - she doesn’t have to
3. "changes her home, leaves her family. Moves in with you, builds a home with you." - um no, this isn’t (always) the case as a. the husband can move in with his wife b. spouses can live with or close to their in-laws
4. “Gets pregnant for you, bears a child for you” - having a child is, or at least should be, a shared responsibility. Pregnancy can suck for women. But this isn’t a reason to blame men for - what - wanting to have children?
5. "Pregnancy destroys her body, she gets fat" - no. Okay? Women don’t become decrepit waste after they give birth.
6. "even the kids she delivers bear your name" - is something wrong with that?
7. "until the day she dies, everything she does benefits you" - I… I have nothing to say to this
I totally get that some of this stuff is actually the case in some societies. And that’s awful. But the discourse in this post attacks every heterosexual male (“with you,” “for you,” “your name,” “benefits you.”) As though every male adopts a superiority mindset.
All this entrenches the denigration of men, shitty witticism, and heterosexism, that stifle the feminist project.
8. Marriage. Is not. A fucking. Favor.
"Be a MAN, Respect WOMAN!"
Imma fucking slap someone. Standing up for good causes is nice, but these commenters are doing it for the totally wrong purposes. Fucking educate yourselves, bitches.
As you get an erection whisper to your partner, “the wand chooses the wizard.”
A few minutes after being admitted into the ER, the nurse came to draw my blood. As she was inserting the needle, she sneezed, and blood was shooting out of my arm all over the room.
Virgin: Give a description of the person you want to lose (or have lost) your virginity to.
Disney: Which Disney character are you most like?
Future: Do you think you'd feel better if you know what's going to happen to you later in your life?
iTunes: Top 10 favorite songs?
Turn: Who's someone you wish you didn't (have to) say goodbye to?
Tattoo: What tattoos do you want or have, and what's the story behind them?
Skirt: If you could learn any dance style, which would it be?
Cinema: List of movies that have changed your life or your way of thinking.
Post: If an apocalypse were to happen, what do you think the situation would be?
Years: Tell us a story from when you were in high (or middle) school.
Vinyl: Top 3 favorite albums?
Blog: What's something you've learned from having your blog?
I know my blog isn’t particularly popular - and it doesn’t try to be - but I know that a lot of my followers do have more popular blogs.
In two weeks, I need to come up with a few thousand dollars just to be able to go to school. I’ve never asked for anything of my followers, but this time all…
I’m so fed up with this shit..
Why, man. Whai
Oh, and hoorays for the fed. shutting down.